Technology has infiltrated into most parts of our lives, including our most personal moments.
Technology has helped turn the simple toilet into quite a gadget, integrated with a bidet and all sorts of features you didn’t know you needed.
You can either buy the fully kitted-out toilet or simply change out the seat to one with all the bells and whistles.
Hmmmmm. I’m not quite sure how detailed to get with the descriptions, but I guess if you’ve read this far, you are interested, so here it goes….
The low-down on high-tech toilets
Kohler describes its Veil one-piece toilet as having integrated cleansing functionality that epitomizes minimalist and ergonomic design. Its sculpted core provides a suite of precision features finely tuned to offer optimum hygiene and ultimate individual comfort, from personal cleansing to an LED nightlight to hands-free opening and closing. All of the features are easy to control on a touchscreen LCD remote control. I couldn’t have said it better myself.
Or if you don’t want the whole shebang, you could just install the C3-230 cleansing seat which features front and rear wash cleansing, touchscreen, wall-mount remote control, stainless steel wand with uv-lighted self-sanitization, nightlight feature and warm air-drying system. It will fit most elongated toilets.
Toto makes the Neorest 750H with Actilight technology. This luxurious intelligent toilet uses an integrated UV light and special glaze to break down dirt and grime in the bowl, and rinses it clean with an electrolyzed disinfectant water. It doesn’t stop there as it comes with more features like a heated seat, deodorizer, and warm water sprays.
HomeTech HI3000 Feel Fresh bidet toilet seats use the very latest in technology and are easy to install. They include a wide range of convenient features, each designed to provide a healthier and cleaner body for all members of the family. Check out its many features:
- Easily replaces the most standard toilet seats
- Designed to fit one and two piece toilets
- Warm air dryer adjustable to 3 different temperatures
- Energy saving mode
- LED blue night light with on/off or 8 hours setting
- Built-in twin self-cleaning spray nozzles for front and back wash
- Warm water thermostat controlled water temperature
- 4 temperature heated seat
- Remote control
- 4 different water temperature settings
- Hydraulic lid and seat
The Swash 300 by Brondell explains that their seat offers all the essential features of an advanced bidet toilet seat at an entry level price. The warm water washing, heated seat and easy to use remote control make for a healthy, clean family. Simple to install, simple to use, you’ll want one in every bathroom. It also offers gentle close seat and lid, water pressure and temperature adjustability, quick release for easy seat removal and a sturdy ‘sittable’ lid.
All these features sound really great but simply installing one will not increase the accessibility of your toilet area. Make sure to include the following features at your toilet as well.
Keep your toilet accessible with these features
- Comfort height toilets are around 17-19in/43-48cm tall (seat height). For many people they are more comfortable to use, especially those with bad knees or hips, or those of us who are tall. However, shorter people may not enjoy them as much so remember to take that into account when making your decision. TIP: If you choose a wall-mounted toilet you can mount it at whatever height suits you and your family best. Read about the best comfort height toilets for 2017.
- Grab bars beside the toilet are a necessity. If your toilet is not in a corner, place a fold-down grab-bar on one side. Check out this stylish toilet-paper holder and grab-bar combination.
- Transfer area. Ensure you have an area adjacent to your toilet where people can pull up to in a wheelchair to make transferring to the toilet easier.
- Placement in the bathroom. An accessible toilet requires an area of 30 x 60in/76 x 152cm to allow enough space for a wheelchair to maneuver.
- Reachable storage. Make sure you have an area close to your toilet that is easily reachable (from the sitting position) to store items like extra toilet paper and other sanitary products.
One of these high-tech toilets (or seats) would make a great addition to your new spa bathroom or private en-suite.
Everyone I know who has one, just raves about how much they love them, so maybe it’s time you treated yourself to a new and improved toilet…….